Job Description: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Assistant/Technician (Facial Cosmetic Procedures)
Our client in the Cosmetic and Oral Surgery field, located in Bala Cynwyd, focuses on creating an excellent patient experience. They are seeking an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Assistant/Technician to help with patient procedures and other work.
You’ll be responsible for assisting with both surgical and non-surgical procedures, selling products, and become efficient in all areas conducive to the growth of a successful medical practice.
If you have worked in a facial cosmetic surgical environment before or if you are a frequent customer of aesthetic procedures, you’ll fit right in.
- Greet customers upon arrival and guide them through our list of products and services
- Perform exceptional new and existing patient intake services and other skin care services
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Assist doctor with surgery
- Assist in providing general anesthesia and IV Sedation
- View charts and organize workflow with proficiency
- Take notes about performed procedures
- Ensure surgical tools are properly cleaned and sterilized before procedures begin
- Work with X-rays
- Process items such as removable dental appliances and casts or impressions
- Take vital signs, blood pressure, pulse, height and weight and record in computer system
- Manage IV fluid flows during procedures
- Manage charts
- Manage inventory and supplies
- Reorder when the time is right
- Become familiar with all equipment and make sure it is properly controlled and maintained
- Answer phone and make appointments
- Enter information in patients’ charts
- Obtain medical and dental insurance information from patients
- File charts
- Help in cleaning office
- Seat patients
- Provide pre op and post op instructions
- Consent forms
- H&P forms
- Sterilize and tray set up including implant kits
- Impressions, models, splint fabrications
- Outside lab forms to fill and send out
- PO follow-up by phone
- Communication with referrals/doctors/dentists/other health care professionals
- Lock up office/Drug cabinet
- Open Office/Messages both by phone/email/erealvance inboxes
- Anesthetic Record correctly/accurate
- Discharge from Recovery correctly/safely
- Emergency Drug Box/Airways/Laryngoscope Batteries
- Local anesthetic patients Pre-Op Medications for blood level prior to entering O.R
- Patient transportation/Export
- AED Location
- Oxygen set up with Cannula and turn on/off tank
- Biohazard canister set up and remove correctly/safely
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- Exceptional customer service
- Experience in a medical setting ideally related to cosmetic space a plus or experience in cosmetic space with skin care product sales or related experience such as med spa, dermatology, plastic surgery, dental, or hair replacement center
- Ability to sell products to our clients based on the products you use while rendering services
*Previous related experience in the dental or medical fields is useful but not required.
Hours and Location: This is a full-time position. 7:30am – 3:30pm, optional half day Saturdays every other week. Located in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay, bonus, health insurance, competitive paid time off, and more benefits.
Applying: Complete “Apply Now” fields to the right. Upload your resume and optional cover letter in MS Word. Equal Opportunity Employer.