Operations Case Studies
Successful Growth of Early-stage Software Company
Provide business planning, vendor oversight, project management, advisory board development and coaching to help early-stage financial services software company.
- Performed financial analysis and business modeling
- Created an operations action timeline
- Project managed activities
- Negotiated pricing with software developer
- Hired business analyst for testing and documentation
- Introduced management to lawyer, accountant and developers selected to facilitate the company's launch and growth
- Supported company in meetings with lawyers, designers and prospects
Vision was created, software vendor was contracted and proper talent was brought in. CEO was able to successfully have his software developed, start a pilot, and successfully grow a profitable business in the fintech space with thousands of financial advisor subscribers.
Cost Reduction of $200,000 and Operations Changes That Supported Rapid Growth.
Fix lack of structure and focus to increase efficiency, improve client retention and improve financial health of direct marketing call center.
- Performed Operations Assessment which included analyzing current structure, operations and sales compensation
- Changed pay structure to improve incentives and lower costs
- Researched and implemented leading technology predictive dialing system to increase capacity 50% and to allow for more efficient call recording
- Created training practices for operating team
- Helped company hire new accountant and implement proper accounting procedures and statements
Client realized cost reductions of $200,000 per year. Company gained the capacity and staff needed for driving increased revenue. Client was twice named to the "Philadelphia 100" list for rapid growth. Subsequently, company received a material acquisition offer and was successfully sold.
Productivity Improvements, Strategic Direction Clarity and $530,000 Added to the Bottom Line.
Publisher of regional lifestyle magazines and websites wanted to lower its printing costs, develop a strategic plan and improve advertising production workflow.
- Team developed a list of 12 magazine printers capable of printing jobs for publisher
- Bids were prepared and then multiple rounds of negotiation took place for 3 year pre-press, printing and shipping contract
- Conducted director level off-site strategic planning leading to strategic action plan
- Researched and negotiated software for managing advertising and production processes
Client improved efficiency and saved over $530,000. Company gained a plan for visionary strategies. Productivity improved and client realized sizable increases in profitability.