Recruiting/Talent Acquisition Case Studies
Key Hires Placed as Business is Successfully Prepared for Sale
20-year-old insurance software company needed to add several key employees to their team. Client wasn't satisfied with previous means they used and the internal stress it took.
- Met with CEO and management to:
- Clearly define their vision
- Understand the role these key hires would play in the company
- Crafted job descriptions and hiring criteria that captured those needs
- Created and implemented campaigns to attract candidates with the required industry experience and specific skills
- Vetted candidates for customer service and senior technology roles
- Completed process including reference checking, offer letter, acceptance and new hire orientation
Key talent was hired more efficiently and with a better process for the company. New players worked well with existing team and helped to improve company performance. CEO and management were able to focus on their core responsibilities and not be distracted by searches. Client subsequently successfully sold the company according to plan.
Growing Company Successfully Hires Controller to Replace Retiring Shareholder
A growing commercial flooring installation company had a shareholder/business partner, who was also their Controller, announce his retirement. The President needed to hire a replacement who would serve as a member of the executive team, fit into the culture, become a trusted advisor, bring industry experience and modernize the accounting function.
- Worked with President and outgoing Controller to define role and skillset required
- Created effective search plan to touch both those skilled in accounting and those with flooring industry experience
- Evaluated candidates against benchmarks through various means and conducted complete search for company
- Presented two outstanding candidates
Final candidate selected has been an excellent Controller for them and has developed into a pivotal management team member, helping the company grow to the next level. Based on this success, PBS conducted a successful search for a Business Development Manager later for them. This hire has been instrumental in driving continued sales growth.